Хорошая сельскохозяйственная практика
WHY IS FARMING PRODUCT CERTIFICATION NECESSARY?
With the increase of the world population, the increase of food demand has caused that the aim is towards quantitative increase rather than quality. The selective and quality searching trends of the conscious consumers caused food security investigation. With the increase of the selectivity of the consumers, the traceability of foods, observation and certification by independent institutions in agricultural production became a requirement.
SCOPE OF GOOD FARMING PRACTICES
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Flowers and Decoration Plants
- Seedlings and Arboriculture
- Field Plants
DATE AND SCOPE OF GOOD FARMING PRACTICES
Today widely used certification Standard and regulations are determined as Organic Agriculture, Good Farming Practices and Globalgap. Also there are special standards towards big consumer groups.
Since qualified production and food security gained importance in agricultural works, Good Farming Practices exist.
At the end of the 1990s, Good Farming Practices started for food security in fresh fruits and vegetables were started by the ABD Ministry of Agriculture (USDA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In the same period, World Food Association started to establish the Good Farming Practices. It has been demanded that the producers comply with these principals for fresh fruits and vegetables with the EurepGAP protocol in 1999 by the European retailers Product Worker Group.
As from 7 September 2007, EUREGAP is defined as GLOBALGAP.
In our country İTU is known as Good Farming Practices.
Good farming practices can be applied to individual producers and producer groups who want to raise controlled and certificated products (eg cooperatives, big exporters, packing houses etc.). Thanks to ITU, with the quality of agricultural production quality, it is demanded from the producer/farmer groups to meet the Quality Management System document provisions and to be sufficient in order to manage the relations between producers. So, it creates a quality in terms of facilities beside agricultural production.
The main principles of Good Farming Practices are; controlled and monitored safe food production, protective against environment, worker health and prosperity and a system aiming aware source usage. ITU especially covers agricultural production and processing facilities.
There are special standards especially for those productions:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Flowers and decoration plants
- Agricultural products and livestock in general
BENEFITS OF ITU
A product with a good farming practice certificate shows the followings:
- It doesn’t contain chemical, microbiological, physical ruins which are harmful to human health
- It is produced without polluting environment and natural balance,
- It doesn’t create negative effects on the life quality during and after production of the people or other livings
- Appropriate procedures complying with the country’s agricultural regulation in which the products are raised and production is done are applied
- Requirements for Food Security, Environment Protection, Professional Health, Security and Animal Prosperity forming the base of Good Farming Practices are met.
Technical requirements (Control points and Adaptation Criteria)
The summary of main technical requirements of İTU/ Globalgap for fresh fruit and vegetable production is presented below:
- Traceability: The products shall be traced from the farm until the production.
- Internal Control: The producer shall realize internal control about ITU at least one time in a year.
The manufacturer should make the informations as production area, product type, and number of producers definite.
- to get in touch with the manufacturer and to give the application form
- application of the manufacturer and evaluation of the application form
- preparation of the price offer and its reporting
- receiving the approval of the manufacturer and sign of the contract
- transmission of the documents with contract and pricing details.