ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
OHSAS 18001:2007 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Whether you are in production or service sector, it is obliged by law to make your job healthy and safety for your employees.
OHSAS is an international standard that can help you to fulfill this requirement.
OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System include requirements of workplace which intends to minimize occupational accidents and diseases and perform legal requirements related to worker health and safety.
Presence of a good Health Security System offers you following benefits:
-Increase in efforts related to health and safety in workplace.
-Reduce in occupational accident and diseases.
-Motivation of employee
What Is ISO 45001?
Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems is a tool in order to analysis occupational health and safety activities in accordance with general strategies of the organization systematically within a continuous improvement approach framework.
Historical Development of ISO 45001
- As a BS 8800 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Guide in 1996,
- As Technical Report NPR5001 in 1997,
- In England in 1999 by BS,
- In 2001 it was published as TS 1800.
What does ISO 45001 System Provide?
- Potential decrease in the number of accident
- Potential decrease in lost time and related expenses
- Potential reduced public liability insurance costs
- Proof of legal and legislation accordance
- Proof of your commitment about health and service warranty
- Better management of health and safety risk now and in the future.
Some definitions related to ISO 45001
- ACCIDENT: Undesired events causing death, disease, injury, damage or other loss.
- DAMAGE: Potential source and situation which can cause injury or disease of people, damage of the workplace or goods.
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY: Factors and conditions affecting the welfare of employees, temporary workers, contractors, visitors and other people in the workplace.
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Occupational health and safety risks related to activities of the organization are the part of entire management system. It covers the structure of the organization, action plans, experiences, processes and procedures and sources required in order to maintain, improve and implement of occupational health and safety policy of the organization.
- RISK EVALUATION: In all process, taking decision whether the risks are endured and estimating the magnitude of the risk.